Property Division In Divorce
Take Action To Protect Your Assets
Many couples make poor decisions when dividing their marital or community property and are surprised to learn that they are unable to make changes to these agreements at a later point in time. We help you understand the challenging decisions that you need to make to ensure that you protect your property at this important stage in your divorce.
We help with a number of different issues connected to property division, including:
- The status of certain items to determine if they should be considered community property
- The value of assets such as the marital home, businesses or 401(k) accounts that need to be divided between the spouses
- The division of retirement assets, including benefits unique to military families
- Community property division agreements
- If necessary, filing for a judicial division/partition of community property
Because your case is unique, you need to create a solution that allows you to achieve your specific goals. Failing to understand the consequences of your property division decisions could result in severe hardships once your divorce has been finalized. You do not want to find yourself unable to move forward because of the decisions you made at this time.
Work With A Lawyer Committed To Helping Your Family Succeed
If you have questions about your divorce, you need to speak to an experienced property division attorney. Call 318-798-5559 or send us an email to schedule a free consultation at our offices in Shreveport. At our firm, you will always meet or confer with an attorney concerning your case. We offer affordable flat fees and payment plans.